Aba Therapist Cover Letter
Aba Therapists work with autistic children and other patients diagnosed with developmental problems. These professionals use specific techniques to help patients learn positive behavior and improve their social skills. Typical duties of an Aba Therapist include assessing patient condition, creating treatment plans, conducting therapy sessions, monitoring patient progress, reporting to parents and relatives, instructing parents on how to apply Aba therapy at home, and maintaining patient records.
A well-written cover letter sample for Aba Therapist should mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Aba therapy expertise
- The ability to motivate patients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Computer literacy
Beneath is displayed an example cover letter highlighting comparable Aba Therapist abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Aba Therapist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Lees:
Upon learning of your search for an experienced ABA Therapist to join your team, I hastened to submit my resume detailing my credentials for your consideration. As an accomplished and highly skilled professional with 12+ years of experience providing support to young autistic patients across the spectrum, I am sure to make a significant and positive impact in this position.
My expertise lies in helping autistic patients from ages 6-13 through the use of Applied Behavioral Analysis principles. Assessing patient needs, reinforcing desirable behaviors, and communicating with family members are just a few of the tasks I perform each day, helping patients to overcome difficulties and stressors and improve their behaviors and social skills. Furthermore, my solid communication and relationship-building skills, along with my dedication to providing optimal patient experiences, positions me to excel in this role.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Provided 1:1 therapy to children with autism spectrum disorders in home, community, and school settings; implemented ABA techniques such as DTT, PRT, and PECS to improve language and communication, cultivate appropriate play and cooperation skills, and enhance daily living functionality.
- Administered development assessments, tracked patient progress via graphs and data collection, monitored maladaptive behaviors, and led necessary behavior interventions.
- Collaborated effectively with parents, health providers, and school staff to encourage each patient’s treatment and improvement while building a structural foundation of support and empathy across multiple facets of patients’ lives.
- Holding a Master’s degree in ABA Therapy as well as current state licensure in Virginia.
With my expertise in ABA therapeutic techniques and autism spectrum disorders, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you and substantially benefit the lives of your patients. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
John M. Thomas
Speech Pathologist Resume and Cover Letter
Are you applying for speech pathologist jobs? Here's an example of a cover letter for a speech pathologist you can use to get inspiration for your own cover letters. Also review a resume for a speech pathologist which includes education, experience, licenses, and certifications.
When writing your job application materials, be sure to include the top skills employers seek when hiring for speech pathology positions.
Take the time to match your qualifications to those listed in the job posting. The closer of a match you are for the job, the better your chances of getting selected to interview.
Speech Pathologist Cover Letter Sample
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Firstname Lastname,
I would like to express my strong interest in the CFY position as a speech-language pathologist at ABC Charter Elementary School, as listed on the Speech Pathologist Association website. This spring I will receive my master’s degree in speech pathology and audiology from XYZ University. During my undergraduate and graduate studies, I have had multiple opportunities to work with elementary-age children with a variety of communication disorders, particularly with autism spectrum disorders. I believe my experience and skill would make me an excellent speech-language pathologist for your school, due to your specialization in ASD students.
I have extensive experience working with children with ASD. As an intern at Maywood Elementary School, I developed and led weekly sessions with students with ASD. I also had a clinical rotation at the Maywood Speech Center, where I ran group therapy sessions for elementary-school children with autism spectrum disorders.
Because the speech pathologist at ABC Charter Elementary School must conduct individual and group therapy sessions, my clinical rotations have prepared me well for this position.
Your job listing states that the speech pathologist will also need to work closely with administrators, teachers, and parents. I strongly believe that communication between school staff and parents is key to developing student skills. At the Maywood Center, I developed and led weekly workshops for parents, caregivers, and teachers about speech-language disorders and strategies for skill development. These workshops gave me valuable experience on how to best communicate with those involved in my students’ lives, and I would love to use those skills at ABC Charter School.
I am confident that my practical experience working with ASD students and communicating with school staff and parents would make me an asset to ABC Charter Elementary School. I have enclosed my resume and will contact you next week to see if we might find a time to speak together. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Your Typed Name
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
Speech Pathologist Resume Example
123 Main Street, Chicago, IL 60290
Master of Science, Speech Pathology, XYZ University, May 20XX
Bachelor of Arts, English Major, ABC College
- ASHA Certification in Speech-Language Pathology
- Illinois License in Speech-Language Pathology
Speech Pathologist, Suburban Sounds Center, Chicago, IL July 20XX - Present
- Develop and implement individualized and group therapy for pre-school, elementary, and middle-school children with language delays, articulation disorders, and autism-spectrum disorders
- Work and communicate regularly with parents, teachers, and service providers to provide a network of strategy and support
- Develop and lead workshops designed to educate participants (parents, caregivers, teachers) about speech-language disorders, impact on academics and social behavior, and strategies for skill development
Intern, XYZ Clinic for Speech, Language and Hearing Services, Oak Park, ILSpring 20XX
- Assessed and treated patients with impairments in speech, language, cognition and dysphagia
- Conducted and analyzed modified barium-swallow studies
- Facilitated group workshops for parents and caregivers on a variety of topics including social interaction and academic performance
Intern, ABC Elementary School, Maywood, ILFall 20XX
- Developed and led sessions with language-impaired and learning-disabled children, working primarily with children with articulation/phonological disorders and fluency disorders
- Participated in staff meetings with parents, teachers, administrators, and co-workers to assess progress of students
- Observed and assisted students in general and severely handicapped classes
Member, National Student Speech and Hearing Association
Volunteer Work/Community Service
Tutor, ChicagoReads! Program, Chicago, IL Spring 20XX - Present
- Volunteered over 100 hours as a literacy tutor for adult English language learners
- Completed comprehensive training including 6 hours of workshops on learning disabilities
Skills and Certifications
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
- Sign Language (intermediate)
- Spanish (conversational)
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation. Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
More Sample Cover Letters: Cover letter samples and templates for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including entry-level, targeted and email cover letters for many different jobs.