7 Cottontail Avenue
Brisbane, QLD 4101
Mobile: 0405 666 999
Home: (07) 5499 6699
Human Resources Manager
Johnston and Sons Surveyors Pty Ltd
101 Longitude Road
Wetherly Park, QLD 4101
Dear Ms Hamilton
Re: Building Surveyor position, Ref: SY507
I am writing to express my interest in the Building Surveyor position advertised on Seek.com.au.
I am currently working as an assistant surveyor for Building & Land Surveyors, where I have gained valuable experience working on both small-scale and large-scale projects, which have fuelled my interest in building surveying. During this time I have also completed my honours year at university as well as my surveying certification.
Whilst working for Building & Land Surveyors I was made responsible for coordinating and overseeing small projects for regular clients. Through this experience I have learned the importance of quality customer service, and have gained strong communication skills. I also initiated and helped implement more efficient data collection procedures, which were quickly adopted throughout the company and helped improve efficiency. Having hands-on experience has also strengthened my knowledge of current acts and regulations.
In the position of field assistant I helped both building and land surveyors in assessing construction plans, undertake inspections, as well as assisting with code development. I also have a full, clean driver’s licence.
Working individually on projects has equipped me with good problem-solving and decision-making skills, which in turn has given me competence in all aspects of land surveying, including building surveying. I am also a valuable team player and enjoy collaborating on projects.
I believe the aforementioned skills, combined with my experience and qualifications, would enable me to make a significant contribution to your organisation. I have enclosed a copy of my CV for your consideration. I thank you for your time and look forward to your reply.
1951 Tibbs Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
Job Objective To obtain a Professional Land Surveyor position and to contribute to the success of the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Excellent experience in performing surveys to establish boundaries
- Sound knowledge of selecting pipeline route and construction
- Profound knowledge of topographic and engineering designs
- Ability to collect and perform research on data for land surveys
- Ability to resolve various surveying activities related issues
- Proficient in utilizing land surveying equipment’s
Professional Land Surveyor
Basin Electric Power Cooperative, Helena, MT
August 2012 – Present
- Coordinatedwith senior management and project stakeholders and developed project objectives.
- Communicated with team members and ensured completion of projects within timeframe.
- Prepared list of necessary resources and achieved various project objectives.
- Supervised efficient working of marketing department and developed appropriate proposals.
- Coordinated with project staff members and completed work within timeframe.
- Scheduled project timelines and planned every land surveying activities.
Professional Land Surveyor
Liberty Personnel Services, Helena, MT
May 2009 – July 2012
- Supervised efficient working of crew members on various construction activities.
- Performed research and collected evidence to complete survey such as maps and deeds.
- Coordinated with land agents and established appropriate route for pipelines.
- Evaluated survey data and ensured accuracy of information in coordination with crew members.
- Performed legal research on individual projects and prepared descriptions.
- Installed, performed tests on communication equipments and if required performed repair.
Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying
Northwood University, West Palm Beach, FL