Before looking at the top informative essay topics, it is important to ask what makes a good topic. The quality of your topic will determine the grading of the paper. Here are important identifies of a good title.
Unique- the topic should stand out from the common titles that are chosen by lazy students. Unique essays are compelling to read since they indicate a creative mind. A unique title will capture the attention of the reader and improve your chances of getting a high score.
Specific- the topic you choose for your essay should set boundaries that are going to be covered in the paper. It should be within your area of study and scope of your academic level. A person reading the title should identify issues that will be covered.
Current- some of the areas have seen numerous essays written from one year to the other. This means that the information is already available. The best thing is to select a topic that will give you a chance to present new ideas or a fresh perspective on an issue. This makes it more interesting to read.
Here is a list of the top informative essay topics for college students.
- What is the value of education if college dropouts go ahead and succeed?
- Why is there racial animosity if multi racial schools are supposed to promote unity?
- Have stiffer anti-terrorism laws and measures fueled more terrorism
- Are security measures infringing on personal rights?
- Is it morally right to use cheaper labor from developing countries?
- Lenient anti-bullying measures are responsible for future crimes.
- Examinations do not provide an accurate measure of the ability of the student.
- Fast foods are more harmful than beneficial to the economy
- Surfing the internet unsupervised for students should be banned
- Celebrities are a bad example to their fans
- Women are yet to get an equal return for their economic contribution in any sector
- Working for long hours reduces productivity
- Technology is leading to a greater loss of historical information
- The Pledge of Allegiance should be made mandatory in all schools
- The government should restrict the type of food served to students during school lunch breaks
- Single sex schools provide a better learning environment
- The war on global warming is a war against development
- The public has a right to know about the private lives of public figures
The best topic for your essay is one that is aligned with your area of study. Consult your teacher in case you have any doubts about the topic you have chosen. Or ask Custom writing service for help! We can write your essay for you!
In 300 words or fewer, write on one of the two essay topics below. In addition to writing on your chosen topic, upload an audio file, video, image, or document you have created that is meaningful to you and relates to your essay. Above your essay, include a one-sentence description of what you have submitted.
- What do you most enjoy learning?
- Reflect on your engagement with a community to which you belong. How do you feel you have contributed to this community?
Please limit your upload to the following file types: mp3, mov, jpeg, word, pdf. Note that advanced editing of audio/video/image/documents is not necessary. While we are not providing limits to the length of the material you upload, the Admissions Office may not have time to review the entirety of your submission. Sometimes, less is more.
Uploads provided via the Coalition Application will be reviewed by the Admissions Office only. If you wish to submit material that may be evaluated by Yale faculty, please see our Supplementary Material instructions.
Optional Engineering and Computer Science Essay
If you selected one of the computer science or engineering majors, please tell us more about what has led you to an interest in this field of study, what experiences (if any) you have had in computer science or engineering, and what it is about Yale’s program in this area that appeals to you. (Please answer in 500 words or fewer.)