Students are used to the fact that their professors give them the assignment’s topic. It minimizes the efforts they spend on the homework tasks as choosing the relevant, interesting persuasive essay topics all alone may be a time-consuming task based on the in-depth research. Many students think it is a waste of time. In fact, they should perceive the ability to select the topic as a wonderful opportunity rather than another academic nightmare. No matter how good persuasive speech topics given by the teacher are, the student is not able to reject them in case he/she does not know much about the problem. If you can pick the issue on your own, it is possible to come up with the problem of interest!
GRAB IMMEDIATE HOMEWORK HELP
What about taking some time to learn how to pick good persuasive essay topics for high school? This article provides 100 excellent, interesting persuasive essay topics, but you can support the final choice with a reliable, 100% satisfactory academic writing help from the top preferred writers!
Difference between Good Persuasive Speech Topics and Argumentative Topics
Do not hurry to jump over to the list of 101 good persuasive speech topics without reading the basics. A student is free to compose a paper on any topic in the world, which related to the field of studies. That is wonderful! What is the student understand the subject and has no idea of what an argumentative/ debatable/persuasive writing means? The obvious step to take is to find what the term means.
Students use to confuse the two terms, great argumentative writing ideas and interesting persuasive essay topics because these two genres of academic assignment have a lot of nuances in common. It does not matter if the writer finds a list of interesting persuasive essay topics and then prepares an argumentative essay on one of those ideas. The approach to writing should be different. Learn more by attending the academic service’s blog full of useful, time-tested tips on writing.
An argumentative paper is a part of the persuasion. It has to state the main point, thesis statement, and defend it throughout the paper while an essay on the good persuasive speech topics must prove the truth of the author to the target audience. The reader should take the author’s side by the end of the reading. That is why choosing only interesting persuasive essay topics is critical.
100 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics to Cover
It is time to have a look at the 100 interesting persuasive essay topics shared by the top writers from different parts of the world! Do not forget to develop an efficient outline to succeed!
GET PERSUASIVE ESSAY FROM EXPERT
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Monkeys would make excellent pets
- Having siblings or being alone in the family?
- Will waking up and seeing the dinosaur next to you push you to give the creature away to the zoo?
- The most effective superpower to possess is the ability to fly
- The most gorgeous seasons of the year is summer/winter
- Should a scientist who discovered an invisibility potion share it with other people?
- A ticket seller at the football stadium is the most boring job in the world
- Parents must allow their kids to paint on their walls to personalize the bedroom and show their individualities Making friends with everyone around will do a good favor in the future
- Carrying a brand new iPhone everywhere does not create our image; it points to how much money our parents earn
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School Children
- The death penalty is an effective way to scare off the criminals
- Every person is free to change his/her name without any obstacles at any life stage
- The moral obligations of the nation’s leaders, including presidents and bosses of huge companies
- Rich people must be forced to pay higher taxes to support the financial balance
- What is the effective way to avert the potential mass shootings at the US high schools?
- Are fashion and one’s personal preferences important?
- Is there anything older generation can learn from the modern youth?
- Censorship plays the most significant role in the digital world
- They should lower the voting age to get more accurate results
- National security is more important than privacy
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education to Support the Academic Improvements
- Studying the nature of videos/computer games & mobile apps may be beneficial for the IT students
- The existing means of high school discipline are not effective enough to control groups of teens
- The standardized evaluation is not a precise measure of student learning progress and personal development
- The children in provisional living conditions with a 4.0 GPA must earn a free university education
- Is it ethical to place physically or mentally disabled children in the separate school classes?
- Which type of preventive measure could stop the high school bullying?
- Are video games capable of stimulating teenagers to use a weapon in the educational institutions?
- Students performance during the physical education lessons in gym affects their great point average
- The teachers should wear a special uniform like the professionals from other fields associated with public services
- Less successful students should not be forced to retake the course until they obtain a passing grade
Science Persuasive Essay Topics: Breakthrough in Technologies and More
- The US Environmental Protection Agency does not use its full capacity to make the environment better
- The era described in the “Blade Runner” movie is coming closer to each new day and robot created
- The alternative source of energy may replace the fossil fuels
- The human activity has nothing to do with the progress of global warming
- Modern planes do not fall without a good scientific reason: most of the catastrophes are the outcomes of terrorism
- People are guilty of the extinction of many rare species of animals & plants
- The genetically modified food is not safe
- Should there be a restriction on the number of children in every US family like they have in China?
- Is it ethical to clone animals?
- Is marijuana good for curing various mental disorders?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Animals & Plants
- Hunting is not ethical in any life situation
- Zoos are not helpful in wildlife conservation
- London Zoo is the largest zoo in the world offering its animals the luxury conditions
- People cannot keep rare, exotic animals at home turning them into their pets
- Is it fine to create mixed hybrids through breeding homeless dogs and cats?
- Rewards. Vs. Punishment: which is a better measure to train and control pet’s behavior?
- Vegetarianism does not help the animal world the way some people think
- Killing animals to get their fur for the fashion industry is immoral & unethical
- Poaching negatively affects the economy, so the responsible faces should do something to improve the situation
- What led to the extinction of the great mammals like mammoths & wooly rhinoceros?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Music & Artists
- Pirating music in the digital age is the serious threat to the entire country’s economy
- Great Britain does not dominate the music world since the 90s and the breakup/separation of “The Beatles.”
- The grunge music and gothic rock/post-punk music have fewer differences than they have similarities
- Music can be a part of the perfect rehabilitation procedure in the local prisons
- The cost of music, app, game, & video downloads on App Store is very high
- Various significances in songs make people react to the music tracks in different ways
- Chinese music is an original art form, which has not developed significantly since Ling Lun’s foundation of 60 bells
- Vietnam War epoch music inspired further discussions on the innovative & revolutionary approaches to thinking
- Music is the top recommended therapy for the cure of mental illnesses
- Technology has a positive impact on music as there is no need to have humans to create a band and deliver music to public
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics Students & Young Athletes Will Enjoy
- Animal sports like horse racing are not ethical or moral
- There is no way to include tobacco and alcohol beverages advertising during the translated sports events
- The sportsmen should not drink alcohol by any means
- It is not safe to take part in the extreme activities for entertainment
- The Government of Spain must forbid the bullfighting across the country even though it is the face of the national sports
- In swimming and dancing, women perform better than most of the men
- The best coaches in the world are under the equal threat of losing their self-control
- Women team players cannot take part in the mixed-gender sports games
- The inborn talents of the athletes matter more than the skills & experience of their trainers
- Coaches should punish the sportsmen for taking steroids severer than they do now
Complicated Ideas for Debates
- The oil companies are supposed to be more responsible concerning the oil spills
- Human behavior a result of nature
- Sex education classes would make sense to the younger teenagers
- The modern US legal system exploits the minorities despite the constitution and existing laws
- The gun control legislation has much more disadvantages than advantages
- There is no need to van modern television or some of the shows – Interne is a worse threat to society
- Do famous people make a mockery of the right to privacy?
- Should the legal drinking/smoking/driving/voting age of the person be brought down to 18 in the United States?
- Are open borders possible in the foreseeable future?
- Europeans would lose the World War II without the American intervention and on-time help
Moral Issues to Cover in Persuasive Speech & Debates
- Animal testing is necessary for the human kind, so it should not come
- Hospital patients possess a right to die through the physician-assisted suicide
- Physician-assisted suicide is not illegal and can be implemented in the corresponding situations
- They should ban children’s beauty pageants to make the world better
- The US customers must stop purchasing goods from countries that exploit child labor
- Atheists are not less moral than theists
- Should young adolescents be allowed to make cosmetic surgery?
- Should people start selling beer to college students?
- Is a camera in public place an invasion of privacy?
- Dreamers must obtain permission to stay in the US
- Both educational institutions & businesses should provide more incentives to do volunteer work
Mixed Argumentative Ideas to Use in School/College Essay
- Atheists & religious people must exercise tolerance with each other
- Discussing the major problems associated with Iraq & Afghanistan continuously evokes irritation and aggression
- Was the “sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll” epoch significant in the history of art, or not?
- Whose side do you support: vegetarians or meat eaters?
- Should the maniacs who kill people without reason be sentenced to death?
- Free bagels with sour cream motivate the student to study as they stimulate the brain activity
- Unpopular opinion: The Black Square by Kazimir Malevich has nothing special about it
- Talking about cheating is embarrassing while discussing various sex issues is fine
- The art for masses has nothing to do with the masterpieces created by the elite community
- Modern women look worse than women of 80s when they were not too thin and looked more natural
Interesting is not a single word the student must think about. The chosen issue has to be essential and informative, meaning the writer should check whether there is enough information available on the web/in the college library.
Once the student understands it, he/she can move to the process of selecting the topic. There is no need to collect the possible ideas independently – meet out the list of the cool persuasive topics shared by the most successful students and their teachers around the world!
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that attempts to convince the reader that the opinions being presented are right. They are very similar to argumentative essays except for the fact a writer presents a one-sided opinion giving valid reasons and solid facts on why that opinion or argument is correct. With an argumentative essay, the writer creates a discussion on the topic by presenting points on both opposing and proposing sides as is the case with verbal debates. The writer employs logic to reason with and sway the reader into adopting a certain view. Such essay assignments are commonly given to students in high school and junior college. They help students to master persuasive skills which can be useful for students in all disciplines including sciences and social studies; as well as in business and their social life.
Tips for finding persuasive essay topics
Sometimes, essay topics are not given by the professor thus writing persuasive essays begins with selecting a topic. In such a case, a student is required to select an appropriate topic to write about. To help you do that, here are a few tips.
- Think of subjects that interest you. Feel free to select a topic that you will enjoy writing about and not just one that you think will please your professor. Obviously, you should not purposely pick a topic that will bore your audience. Nonetheless, focusing excessively on what you think your teachers would like to read is a mistake. Most professors want to see you write in your own style and argue your own ideas, supported by facts.
- Select a topic you are passionate about; not one on which you are conflicted. You will likely be unable to present your views and convince your audience if you are conflicted about the side on which you stand. For example, it may not be wise to argue that every state should abolish the death penalty yet on the hand, you think that child molesters deserve the death sentence. The audience of your persuasive essay or speech must not detect any sign of internal conflict in your argument. Being passionate about the topic will also make the research and writing tasks enjoyable, and your emotion will also be reflected in your writing. This will help you persuade and change the reader’s mind.
- Don’t over-obsess on political correctness. You should avoid playing it too safe and shying away from a controversial issue. A point to note, however, is that for a school setting, you may want to strike a balance between boldly expressing your views and not offending your audience with overly inappropriate topics.
- Think about your personal experiences or those of people you know. Real life events can be a source of inspiration to help you formulate an interesting topic.
- Think about what you know. Start with general subjects that you are familiar with then narrow down to a specific topic. It will be easier for you to write a good persuasive essay if it is a subject in which you have knowledge. This is especially important if you have limited time to write your essay as you will be able to do the legwork faster.
- Read. Topics abound in books, newspapers, journals and the web if only you conduct research. The importance of research in persuasive writing cannot be overstated. Research is important for formulating your title and finding evidence to back up your ideas. A research paper published in a peer-reviewed journal could present the credible evidence you need. This involves reading widely and sometimes talking to experts in your subject of interest. Sample persuasive essays can also provide inspiration on topics to write on as well as serve as examples on how to write your essay. A point to remember as you conduct research is that your institution likely has a strict policy against plagiarism, therefore avoid presenting someone else’s work as your own.
- Brainstorming helps in coming up with an idea or refining the one you already have. Discuss your ideas with friends or other people around you, but this is not a license to copy someone else’s work. The purpose of brainstorming is to help you get ideas. Weave in your own perspective to make your essay unique.
- Persuasive essay topics are often inspired by contemporary issues in society so pay attention to current trends and events happening around you. It helps to come up with a list of several persuasive essay topic ideas and then carefully evaluate them further to pick the best one.
Selecting a good topic for your essay is one of the most important and often tricky parts for many students. Here are a few characteristics against which you should evaluate your topic before you start writing the essay.
Prices Starting At:
Qualities of a good persuasive essay topic
The topic should be specific. The essay topic should be broad enough for you to comfortably meet the required length of the essay, but not too narrow that you are unable to write more than a few short sentences on it.
- A great topic should have some complexity and depth.
- A good topic for a persuasive essay is one that is debatable. Pick a topic that society is talking or arguing about.
- The topic must not be overdone. Most times a topic that has been tackled over and over is not the best choice because it is likely that society has already reached a consensus on the matter and it is no longer being debated.
- Is there adequate literature to support your opinions/ideas? There should be enough literature to provide facts to back your ideas in order for you to write a good persuasive essay. You don’t want to start the writing process, then have to find a new topic because you realize, midway, that there’s no credible literature to back your ideas.
We have compiled a few ideas appropriate topics for your persuasive essay assignment.
Some Persuasive Essay Topic Ideas for High School
- Should students perpetrating cyber bullying be expelled?
Cyberbullying can undoubtedly have grave consequences for the victims. There has been agitation in some quarters to have cyber bullies in schools face the consequences such as expulsion.
- Is college education the key to a successful life?
There are varying views on whether a college education is required in order to have a successful life.
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
The death penalty has been abolished in some states, many more still practice it, and others have the death penalty allowing gubernatorial moratoria. Some say the death sentence is a fitting deterrent to serious crimes but is it a cruel, dehumanizing practice that should be abolished?
- Should civilians be allowed to carry guns?
Do civilians with guns to help stop crime such as mass shootings or does the freedom of civilians to carry guns pose more danger?
- Should the minimum voting age be lowered?
21, 18, 17, or 16; just how old is old enough to vote? Are teenagers’ old enough for the responsibility of voting or should voting be reserved for young adults and older citizens?
- National security prevails over individual right to privacy
Should violations of individual privacy rights be allowed for the sake of national security?
- Parental consent should not be required for teenage girls to access contraceptives.
Teenagers have free access to contraceptives, but lawmakers have come up with proposals that will require teenage girls to engage their parents before they can get access. Should the right of teenagers to freely access contraceptives be upheld?
- Smartphones are killing communication
Smartphones have changed the way conversations are carried out, but are they killing the art of communication? Are we missing out on crucial benefits of voice calls and face-to-face conversations?
- Should Medical Marijuana be legalized?
Marijuana helps relieve symptoms of various illnesses. There have been debates on whether Marijuana prescribed by a doctor should be legal. Do you think it should be legalized?
- Is commercial testing on animals, right?
Safety tests for products such as drugs and cosmetics are often tested on animals to ascertain their safety. Animal rights activists and other parties don’t agree with this practice.
- Should mercy killing be allowed?
Euthanasia, the killing of patients with painful, incurable diseases, irreversible coma, is done in order to relieve suffering. The practice is allowed in some states, but it is frowned upon and illegal in many more states. Is an ethical practice that should be legalized or not?
- Should mandatory sexuality and parenting classes be taught in school?
Parents have the responsibility of teaching their children about sexuality, contraceptive use, and parenting. However, do parents sufficiently teach their kids on these subjects?
College Level Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should guns be allowed on campuses?
Research shows that guns on campuses only pose a greater danger of violence and do very little to stop shooting rampages. Do you think guns should be allowed on college campuses or not?
- Should public breastfeeding be allowed?
Mums are given a hard time now and then for breastfeeding their babies in public. However, others are of the opinion that breastfeeding, just like bottle feeding a baby in public should not be controversial.
- Should the travel ban on Muslim-majority countries be implemented?
There have been mixed reactions on whether the executive order to ban visas issuance to travelers from six Muslim-majority countries be implemented.
- Should recycling be required by law?
Recycling helps preserve the environment, but not everyone practices it. Some think that by making it a legal requirement, more people will begin to practice recycling. What’s your position on this?
- Should workplaces have a more relaxed dress code?
Some employers feel that relaxed dress codes negatively impact productivity and should not be allowed in the workplace. Others think that it improves creativity and productivity in the workplace.
- Should the jury system be replaced by bench trials?
There have been arguments that juries are not made up of people with the necessary legal expertise and should, therefore, be abolished and replaced with bench trials where judges are solely responsible for making judgments. These are just a few tips to help you in persuasive essay writing. You can write persuasive essays on a variety of subject including health, food, technology, history, law, religion and governance. Just follow the guidelines stated above, and you’ll be well on your way to writing a good persuasive essay.
The Importance of Research in Persuasive Essay Writing
Whichever topic you choose, always remember the importance of literature sources. These sources serve to enrich knowledge, meet the academic community’s expectations, and identify and support arguments. The questions of whether a topic has been overdone or has enough literature to back it up must always be asked. The answers to these questions can only be found by immersing yourself in literature to filter out the overdone topics and find facts, examples, statistics and quotes to provide supporting evidence for your essay. It requires and demonstrates an ability to research, understand and integrate information from multiple sources. Common reliable sources of literature include journals, scientific magazines, textbooks and reports that can be examined for relevance to the topic at hand. There are multiple online resources and databases to find a book or a journal article that you can use in your search for relevant information sources on which your essay will be based. Possessing good research skills and selecting a good topic is crucial. However, good writing should accompany a good persuasive essay topic and extensive research thus a student must learn the skills of effective writing. Learning good writing skills will help you write better essays that will keep your readers interested and persuaded. This can be difficult for some students, especially for those whom English is their second language; but it is not an impossible task.
Writing Persuasive Essays
Once you settle on the topic and choose the position on which you will base your essay, the rest of the work can then begin. You still need to create an outstanding piece of writing. You will need to research about your topic further to provide evidence to your ideas and then structure your writing according to the persuasive essay structure. As any guide on how to write a persuasive essay will tell you, your essay must be organized in paragraphs with a logical progression from one paragraph to the next. There should be an introductory paragraph that includes a strong, authoritative thesis statement, a body section with at least three paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph with a call to action. Begin the introduction paragraph with an attention-grabbing fact, question or contradiction. Each of the body paragraphs should state a single main point and present evidence support for the point, view or argument you are making. Examples may also be included in each of the body paragraphs to further support and clarify your main points. A good persuasive essay must always have a concluding paragraph where you restate your position and include a summary of the essay text. If your introduction included non-rhetorical questions, you should include answers in this section as well. Focus the conclusion on giving your reader a strong message that will linger in his/her mind. Finally, remember that a big part of being effective in persuasion is the ability to appeal to your audience’s emotions. Be creative and take full advantage of persuasion techniques and as with any type of writing, keep your work clear, concise and error-free.
Order an affordable persuasive essay today Order Now
Order an affordable persuasive essay today Order Now
Need help with your persuasive essay? Yes
Need help with your persuasive essay? Yes