A Creative Approach To Writing A 300-Word Expository Essay
Expository essays help you learn how to investigate a certain concept and gather information. This takes a lot of time for research, and you can never know what result you will get in the end. Naturally, it can be quite difficult to do this in a creative way; in the end, you have the same information like any other student, and you just have to arrange it and use it to write an argument. When the composition needs to be short, 300 words or less, you have to choose your words carefully:
- Don’t focus on the details. You will not have time to filter the information and find the most important ideas if you are drowning in details. When you make research, emphasize the central ideas so you can build your essay around them. If you don’t have enough words after this, you can try to explain some of the ideas and get more into details.
- Make your argument short. Many students write in their expository essays only a small amount of information, but they spend a long time composing their argument. To save some time and make this composition more interesting, keep your argument short. You don’t have to explain it or bring evidence to support it; if it’s the case, your professor will ask you to make an argumentative composition to complete this one.
- Find interesting facts. You have to convince your colleagues that your statement is correct, and you don’t have too much space for this. In this case, you have to find undeniable facts and use them in your short text. For this, you can visit scientific websites or other trustworthy sources. Make sure that you don’t focus on one single fact for too long, because you will not have space to write anything else.
- Search for synonyms. You have to explain a concept in your text but the definition is too long? In this case stop using this word and search for something more simple that does not need explanation. If you are lucky, your teacher will allow you to add an appendix or some footnotes and these are not included in the word count. There, you will be able to provide additional information but without going over the main 300 words. Verify the text before you submit it; even if it’s a short one, you can still make mistakes.
Writing a 500 word essay would seem a difficult task. However, let us tell you something: negative attitude towards the task assigned can only cause a failure. Take it easy and be optimistic about the forthcoming work! Besides, our tips for writing 500 word essays will facilitate your work.
What is a 500 word descriptive essay about?
Well, actually it is a typical essay. It is a three-part paper that aims to provide vivid descriptions of some object, event, or phenomenon in details. You can achieve this purpose by comparing things or presenting certain associations with the object under description.
Click here to visit professional custom essay writing service!
How long is a 500 word essay?
Double space, Times New Roman 12 is pretty much universal, in college anyway. Typed, 500 words is about a page and a half. You need to ask about going over the word count because it depends on the instructor.
How to write a 500 word essay?
Usually, 500 word essays consist of the following parts:
- Introduction that includes your thesis statement for the topic of your choice or given to you. Spend some time on choosing the right topic. If the topic is given to you, think of ways to make it interesting. Generally, a broad topic is given to students. You have to think about sub topics and then identify the relevant thesis statement.
- Body. In this part of the 500 word essay, you have to:
- Arouse emotions and feelings in the reader by using some original approach;
- Share your feelings about the object/event/phenomenon with the reader;
- Present key images; ◦ Help the reader feel as if he/she is taking part in the scenes you are describing.
- Conclusion . Close your paper with a 50 word conclusion. The essay conclusion must summarize and restate only the most notable ideas discussed in the body. Do not introduce a fresh point in the conclusion.
When you prepare for your 500 word essay, put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Think out of the box. Research material is of paramount importance. The authenticity of information would give your essay some clout. If you have referenced from reliable sources, say it and refer to it. This would generate more interest and add credibility. Always look for essay help from sources you are familiar with or are sure are genuine sources of information.
Follow these essay tips and you would have enough reason to believe that your next 500 word essay would become a reference for future students.
Need assistance with writing your 500 word essay? Try essay help here!